I have a full week ahead, with the BACHELORETTE finale (#TeamNoOne), yoga and movie date with a friend, and a sister date, so I need to front-load food prep on the weekend.
- Kale and romaine Caesar salads (Minimalist Baker’s vegan Caesar dressing), grilled chicken, frozen french fries (what?! It’s Saturday), corn on the cob, and cantaloupe.
- Baked falafel from Oh Ladycakes! with brown rice, sauteed zucchini, caramelized onions and tomatoes with turmeric, and a basil/mint tahini sauce I made on the fly in the food processor.
- Potluck snack dinner with friends while watching the Bachelorette! I will make hummus (modified from this recipe) and a salad.
- Dinner on the fly on the way to yoga — I’ll have deli turkey and hummus roll ups with a dab of jelly (I know it sounds weird, but think of it like cranberry sauce!) and carrot sticks.
- Grilled salmon, my riff on Minimalist Baker’s Asian quinoa salad, green beans, and corn on the cob
- Sister date! We’ll most likely make something simple.
- Ground turkey tacos with homemade taco sauce (trying this recipe), black beans, and grilled zucchini
- This peanut chicken from Bev Cooks with brown rice in the rice cooker. I’ll keep this on hand for lunches and dinners during the week.
- A variation of Christina’s brown rice pudding for G to eat for breakfasts this week. I make the rice in the rice cooker, and I add a handful of shredded zucchini, some golden raisins, and cinnamon for a zucchini-bread flavor variation.
- Black beans, using Heather Christo’s recipe. I froze 3 16-ounce jars and kept 32 ounces or so in the fridge for an easy side for taco night this week. (Or easy protein to add to salads!)Breakfasts and lunches:
- G will eat leftovers for lunch and the rice pudding for breakfast.
- I eat a salad every day for lunch, usually topped with whatever leftover protein we’ve got, or with a couple of hard-boiled eggs, or hummus. My breakfasts vary, but I’ve been really into nut butter, spinach, and frozen banana smoothies lately. I often add powdered egg white for protein.
Connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest, and subscribe to The Fruitful Blog for tips on intentional living, meal planning, and more.