I have a full week ahead, with the BACHELORETTE finale (#TeamNoOne), yoga and movie date with a friend, and a sister date, so I need to front-load food prep on the weekend.
- Kale and romaine Caesar salads (Minimalist Baker’s vegan Caesar dressing), grilled chicken, frozen french fries (what?! It’s Saturday), corn on the cob, and cantaloupe.
- Baked falafel from Oh Ladycakes! with brown rice, sauteed zucchini, caramelized onions and tomatoes with turmeric, and a basil/mint tahini sauce I made on the fly in the food processor.
- Potluck snack dinner with friends while watching the Bachelorette! I will make hummus (modified from this recipe) and a salad.
- Dinner on the fly on the way to yoga — I’ll have deli turkey and hummus roll ups with a dab of jelly (I know it sounds weird, but think of it like cranberry sauce!) and carrot sticks.
- Grilled salmon, my riff on Minimalist Baker’s Asian quinoa salad, green beans, and corn on the cob
- Sister date! We’ll most likely make something simple.
- Ground turkey tacos with homemade taco sauce (trying this recipe), black beans, and grilled zucchini
- This peanut chicken from Bev Cooks with brown rice in the rice cooker. I’ll keep this on hand for lunches and dinners during the week.
- A variation of Christina’s brown rice pudding for G to eat for breakfasts this week. I make the rice in the rice cooker, and I add a handful of shredded zucchini, some golden raisins, and cinnamon for a zucchini-bread flavor variation.
- Black beans, using Heather Christo’s recipe. I froze 3 16-ounce jars and kept 32 ounces or so in the fridge for an easy side for taco night this week. (Or easy protein to add to salads!)Breakfasts and lunches:
- G will eat leftovers for lunch and the rice pudding for breakfast.
- I eat a salad every day for lunch, usually topped with whatever leftover protein we’ve got, or with a couple of hard-boiled eggs, or hummus. My breakfasts vary, but I’ve been really into nut butter, spinach, and frozen banana smoothies lately. I often add powdered egg white for protein.
Connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest, and subscribe to The Fruitful Blog for tips on intentional living, meal planning, and more.
Latest posts by Caitlin (see all)
- Why I Love Aldi, or: How to Save $100s Each Month on Groceries - May 23, 2018
- My Picks for The Great American Read - May 18, 2018
- Banana chocolate chip muffins (VEGAN!) - May 9, 2018