This upcoming week is a weird one. We’ll be eating out a lot at the end of the week with friends, so this summer meal plan is short, clean, and simple.
When I know I’m going to be eating a lot of restaurant meals, I try to be “good” where I can. Lots of protein and veggies, less extras like carb-heavy sides or sugary sauces. While there are carbs like rice and potatoes in these meals, I may skip them. And eat pasta and pizza (and beer) later in the week.
- Leftovers from Friday’s taco night
- Grilled and Greek-seasoned chicken breasts and thighs, chickpeas, rice, cherry tomatoes, and sauteed green beans. I’ll likely chop the chicken and green beans and halve the tomatoes, so that we can eat this bowl-style.
- More bowls! Ground turkey, grilled sweet potato slices (heat the grill to med-high, slice sweet potatoes thinly, and grill ~5 mins a side), sauteed broccoli and bell peppers, and avocado.
- Meeting with my monthly book club. (We’re reading this history of Wonder Woman, if you’re interested. It’s a three-star read for me right now. But I’ve got half of the book to go.) The lovely host will provide wine and food.
- More rice pudding for G! We’re trying to assess whether he’s allergic to eggs or not, so I’m kind of in a rut with make-ahead breakfasts. He says that he likes this pudding, so I’ll run with it until I hear otherwise.
- Eggs and greens for me to eat for breakfasts. I plan to wilt a mix of chopped spinach and kale, and then mix the greens into slow-scrambled eggs. I’ll leave the eggs a little loose so they can finish cooking in the microwave when I reheat them. After reheating, I’ll top with hot sauce and maaaybe some avocado.
Breakfasts and lunches:
- G will eat leftovers for lunch and the rice pudding for breakfast.
- I’ll have salad and protein at lunch and eggs and greens for breakfast. Since we’ll be eating so many restaurant meals, I want to keep my diet fresh and clean where I can.
Like I said, this list is short and sweet. But it will keep our bellies full.